It is very difficult for a village girl in Bihar to pass a Matriculation(secondary School). In case of 6 girls that we know have appeared for a Higher Secondary School Examination this year(University Education starts after this). This achievement is very high for someone from a very poor and lower caste background in a distant village in Gaya district of Bihar. We have their Brothers in contact with our Youth Project. They requested us through out a year that their sisters who are at this stage needs support for further education, and to be rescued from getting wedded forcefully by the family after their schooling.
In Bihar Child marriages are still practiced. Having this outside atmosphere and their daughters are now 18 years old, parents feel tremendous pressure of getting them married. This is partly because of the social pressure and partly because it is not safe to have a girl of this age in the atmosphere where a lot of criminal gangs and forces are active in the region. Caste also plays a big part in this case; lower caste young girls are most vulnerable in social structure.
If any such thing happens, it brings a bad name to the family and almost impossible life for a girl.
Therefore, We decided to help our friends in this case by bringing over their sisters to Maharashtra and take responsibility for their education. For this purpose we created a small project whereby we will take the full responsibility of their education for 5 years. We will provide them all the support that develops them into self reliant individuals.
What we are planning to do?
1. Provide them a house to live.
2. Get them into reasonably good colleges and pay for all the cost of Education
3. Provide additional support to develop their abilities and over all personalities.
4. As and when they are ready, support them to find a job that would enable them to earn and carry on education.
5. Bring them in contact with other girls who are from a well to do backgrounds and provide them a fulltime mentor who would looked after all they need in all the time that they are looked after by us.
6. We would like to see that they are will educated and having their own source of income and take the atmosphere of education and higher human values in the families that will be getting married into.
Begining of the Project –
We shall be starting this project in from 25th July this year 2011. We will be able to start when we have minimum of 30% of our funds secured. The cost on different headings will
be as follows:-
Budget – Monthly Annual
House rent - 3500 42000
Food costs 2800 33600
Kitchen Equipments 8000(only once) 8000
House Furniture 12000(only once) 12000
Travel Cost 350 21000
Books and Edu Exp 1000 60000
Home travel 1000 12000
Other house hold expenses 700 8400
Telephone/post 500 6000
Other Office Exp 500 6000
Total Annual 120000/-
For 5 years 360000
Fundraising – We are committed to take this project through. We shall raise money in various ways. Our intension is to include as many people as possible in support of this project. We shall be asking for smaller and regular sponsorships from our supporters and donors.
Kind of Sponsorship Monthly Annually
1. Education cost for 1 girl 1000 12000
2. Cost of food for 1 girl 1500 18000
3. Rent for a month 3500 42000.
4. Clothing for 4 girls 3000
Freinds therefore we have put our funding target limited to one year expenses only so that we can raise it easily and start our project as soon as possible and later on we will again appeal for the same.
PLEASE VISIT OUR JUST GIVING FUNDRAISING PAGE FOR THIS PROJECT AND DONATE GENEROUSLY:- http://www.justgiving.com/NNBYBIHARGIRLS